- UCS served approx. 3,484 people in need across all programs – essentially the same as 2018.
- Our day shelter (drop-in center) assisted approx. 155 men, women & children each day – essentially the same as 2018.
- We served 120,847 hot meals, provided 22,415 showers with clean towels and toiletries, and 8,153 loads of laundry were washed & dried at no charge to our guests across all programs
- Our emergency night shelters provided 153 women and 477 men shelter, safety, and support which is a decrease and increase over 2018 with both men and women staying approximately 23% longer in our shelters.
- UCS provided 24,275 bed nights of emergency shelter (across all programs) to people in need in 2019 – a slight increase over 2018.
- Our medical respite provided 36 safe intakes for men and women to rest, recuperate, and experience greater health outcomes and stability – a 35% increase over 2018 thanks to the return of women’s respite services.
- Our white flag program assisted 33 men, women, and children (on average) each night to escape the cold and rest for 51 nights. There was a 12% increase in people utilizing this program in 2018 — another double-digit increase over the previous year.
- Our 21 apartments operated at 90% capacity for the entire year helping 24 men and women escape homelessness and remain housed.
- Over 700 people volunteered monthly, weekly, and daily for more than 16,000 hours to help make this happen.
- Check out 2017’s Service Summary HERE.
- Check out 2018’s Service Summary HERE.
United Caring Services is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization that provides people in need access to six programs: a day shelter (drop-in center) for men, women, and children, emergency temporary shelter for single men and women, additional emergency shelter during inclement weather (white/red flag), a medical respite for men and women, and low-income apartments (permanent housing).
All of our programs aim to provide guests with the necessary opportunity, dignity, compassion, and tools to aid in their struggle to identify and overcome the barriers that attribute to their crisis of homelessness, near-homelessness, or hunger. We strive to assist guests in building and maintaining stronger, more positive support systems as they regain their independence. We strive to be a Community of Caring for all people.
Would you like to take a tour or learn more? Let us know.